|Title of the article
PUBLIC POLICY IN RELATION TO THE INSTITUTION OF BAILIFFS IN RUSSIA. 1864–1917 (BY MATERIALS OF THE PENZA REGION)
Boldyrev Denis Vyacheslavovich, Postgraduate student, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
94 (47) “1864/190”
Background. Establishment of the law-enforcement bodies was a key factor for the state in development and improvement of the judicial system. Correct functioning of judiciary bodies and the general logic of execution of court decisions in practice depend on the policy of state regulation of bailiffs. A conceptually determined position of the state to the post of a bailiff in this period formed the basis of modern bailiffs’ functioning. The purpose of this study is to determine the key directions of the state policy in relation to the institution of bailiffs and to analyze the specific measures by the authorities in improvement and reformation of execution procedures as a whole.
Materials and methods. The study of the given problem is based on the unpublished sources on the history of Russia and the Penza province, which determines the novelty of the scientific content of the research. The methodological basis of the study included the principles of historicism and scientific objectivity. Application of the principle of historicism allowed to conduct a retrospective analysis of the bailiffs’ institution development through the prism of conceptual role of the state in regulation of the activity of the latter. The principle of scientific objectivity led to investigation of the problem, regardless of ideological and other subjective assessments by historians.
Results. The state policy towards the bailiffs was formal. However, the state attempted to design the status of a bailiff. The authorities introduced the jobs of court messenger, increased staff salaries, reduced the amount of mortgage when taking the office, expanded cooperation of bailiffs with other civilian agencies, for example with the post to facilitate the delivery of agendas.
Conclusions. The attempt to create a public body with its own jurisdiction and administration failed. The main obstacles of formation and development of the institution of bailiffs became their low wages, socio-legal status, lack of personnel and overall prestige of the profession, also the possibility of replacing the bailiff ranks by the police or local authorities. The attempts by the state to resolve the existing contradictions in the analyzed period failed, and measures taken were of an auxiliary character.
judicial reform of 1864, bailiff, court messenger, wages, mortgage, litigants, personnel problem.
|| Download PDF
1. Zakharov V. V. Institut sudebnykh pristavov v dorevolyutsionnoy Rossii (1864–1917 gg.): dis. kand. yurid. nauk [Institution of bailiffs in pre-revolutionary Russia (1864–1917): dissertation to apply for the degree of the candidate of juridical sciences]. Moscow, 2000.
2. Zezyulina T. A. Organizatsionno-pravovye osnovy stanovleniya i funktsionirovaniya instituta sudebnykh pristavov v Rossii (1864–1917 gg.): dis. kand. yurid. nauk [Organizational-legal basis of establishment and functioning of the institution of bailiffs in Russia (1864–1917): dissertation to apply for the degree of the candidate of juridical sciences]. Vladimir, 2006.
3. Zhurnal soedinennykh departamentov zakonov i grazhdanskikh del Gossoveta o preobrazovanii sudebnoy chasti v Rossii [Journal of united departments of law and civil affairs of the State council on judiciary reforms in Russia]. Saint Petersburg, 1862.
4. Rossiyskiy gosudarstvennyy istoricheskiy arkhiv (RGIA) [Russian state historical archives (RGIA)]. F. 1405. Op. 73. D. 3707a.
5. RGIA. F. 1405. Op. 78. D. 8660.
6. RGIA. F. 1405. Op. 531. D. 5.
7. RGIA. F. 1149. Op. 7. D. 80.
8. Gosudarstvennyy arkhiv Penzenskoy oblasti (GAPO) [State archives of Penza region (GAPO)]. F. 42. Op. 3. D. 17. L. 4.
9. GAPO. F. 42. Op. 3. D. 6.
10. GAPO. F. 42. Op. 10.
11. GAPO. F. 42. Op. 6. D. 6.
12. RGIA. F. 1405. Op. 98. D. 11065.
13. RGIA. F. 1278. Op. 6. D. 42.
14. RGIA. F. 1405. Op. 539. D. 162.
Дата создания: 31.01.2015 13:05
Дата обновления: 03.02.2015 16:03